They do often fix rare bugs, but to be honest, they just as often introduce new bugs. So, if things are working okay, it’s typically not worth it to bother. We recommend you to uninstall the current driver before installing the new driver. It is recommended to install the driver released on MSI official website, which has been running a full testing to make sure it is fully compatible to our product.
From the list, selectHigh performance Nvidia Processor. You want to verify this driver version and date are correct with the latest driver install. Running the automated driver check and update for your graphic drivers may not always work.
Find out if your HP or Compaq PC has integrated video on the motherboard. When performing the steps in this article, onboard video will need to be disabled in the BIOS to avoid installation issues on some models. This document provides step-by-step instructions to remove or replace a video card in an HP or Compaq desktop PC. Lastly, once you find your driver, download it and install it.
They often have a frequently asked questions list which you can check. If you can’t get any useful information from the manufacturer , then you can try to come up with a series of steps appropriate for your computer. If you have integrated videothen reconnect the monitor to the motherboardvideo connector.
What Is A Video Driver, And How To Install It?
You also have the option of letting the site scan your system to automatically determine what drivers you need. Just be aware that sometimes, you’ll be asked to install a utility that performs the scan. For all three of the major manufacturers, you can enter the details of your adapter on the website and download the right drivers directly. Updates to your computer’s motherboard, sound card, and network drivers don’t generally give speed improvements.
- The built-in Windows Update service on your PC generally keeps most of your drivers up to date in the background.
- Something else to consider is the option to do a ‘clean install’ of the drivers, which is an option on both AMD and Nvidia installers if you choose the custom installation option.
- To update from the Philips drivers for Windows GeForce Experience launcher, log in (create an account if you don’t have one already), click on the ‘Drivers’ tab at the top left, then ‘Check for Updates’ on the right.
- Unless you use a niche device that doesn’t offer updates through Windows Update, you usually don’t have to worry about keeping drivers up to date.
If your case uses screws to hold the rear of the video card in place then screw it back in. If your case uses a retention arm then push it back into position to clamp it down on the top of the card’s rear metal bracket. Some kinds of expansion slot retention mechanismsneed to be slid or rotated to lock the front of the video card in place. The common lever type shown in this image should latch automatically when the card is pressed fully into the slot.
Physical Storage Of Graphics Cards
If the tab doesn’t line up with the hole then you can’t push the video card down. It’s often a tight fit so you may have to shift the video card around a little before it fits. Once everything’s lined up and any retention mechanism is prepared, push down on the top of the circuit board. You can use a couple of fingers to push down on the top of the rear metal bracket and use your other hand to push down on the top of the circuit board towards the front of the card.
How do I install a driver?
Installing the driver on your system: 1. Open the folder containing the downloaded file in File Explorer.
2. Right-click the downloaded ZIP-file and then click Extract All Files.
3. Right-click the setup.exe or install.exe file and click Run as administrator.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation.