LittleBoy template: top nav - pulldown vs click

6 years 3 months ago #820 by perini-ps
Hi Holger + all,

I'm getting to grips with the LittleBoy template now, and I have a question which our client has asked.

Currently, in the top navigation, submenus are pulled down through a mouseover. Our client has requested that they would prefer submenus to be accessed when the user clicks the respective top nav item.

Is this possible...?

Cheers,
Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #821 by Adminv
Hi1

Yep, it is possible.

Open the templates "bootstrap_extend.css" file and search for:
/* Displays Dropdown Menus also by Mouse over */
li.dropdown:hover ul {display:block;}
.dropdown-menu {margin: -1px 0 0;}

Delet it.

But please note: It just makes sense if you use a "text separator" link type instead of real working system links in your main menu.

If you have a working main menu link with submenu items and someone click on the main menu item to see the submenu Joomla will load the reference page and you will see the drop down just for a moment till the new page comes up.

So make sure you use "text separators" (<- just text, no link) as main menu item before you add submenu links to it.

6 years 3 months ago #822 by perini-ps
Replied by perini-ps on topic LittleBoy template: top nav - pulldown vs click
Hi Holger,

Great to hear from you and thanks for your help - as always :-)

That's wonderful, thank you.

However, implementing this change has thrown up a different issue.

I was using Menu Heading for my parent menu links. Changing them to Text Separator changes their styling and I cannot click them.

Do you know as to whether there is a place somewhere template code, where I can change the "Text Separator" type for it to look and act the same as "Menu Heading"?

Thanks for your help.

Paul

6 years 3 months ago #824 by Adminv
Hi!

Basically you can style the separator like a link. But it will stay a normal text and will not act like a link. You can change the coursor appearance so that it "feels" like you should click on it to make sure a user will do that to see the submenu.

The class to style a text separator in the main menu is:

.logo_area_wrapper .navbar .nav > li > span.separator

For example add this at the bottom of your templates style.css:
.logo_area_wrapper .navbar .nav > li > span.separator {line-height:40px;padding:0 10px;cursor:pointer;}
.logo_area_wrapper .navbar .nav > li > span.separator:hover {color:#fff;}

Especially with the "cursor:pointer" command the mouse cursor will look like if you point it on a link.

6 years 2 months ago #833 by perini-ps
Replied by perini-ps on topic LittleBoy template: top nav - pulldown vs click
Thanks Holger! :-)

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds