Template is empty. Why?

6 years 5 months ago #783 by csabagruber
Template is empty. Why? was created by csabagruber
Sorry. I am absolutely beginner on website related stuff. I have downloaded the very beautiful MinimalSquare template. I thought I get just the same website I have seenon PixellsParadise.com, but I get an ugly, empty one. After a few hour of suffering I just have realised I will never have the same website I fell in love with. Please send me that content with those images I have seen on the template. I feel that I am able to change the content and images, but I am unable to create that look and content alone. Thanks. Csaba.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #784 by Adminv
Replied by Adminv on topic Template is empty. Why?
Hi!
Thanks for your request.

"MinimalSquare" is a template for Joomla, a open source content management system.

A CMS template provides the layout and design for a content management system. The content is provided by the CMS itself. Means if you change the template the design will change but not the content. And the other way around: If you change the content the design will stay the same.

The separation of content and design is basically a cool thing: A designer can change the apperiance without disturbing the content distributors and the other way around.

If you install a clean and empty Joomla version without the sample content you will have an empty page, doesn´t matter which template you use.

So the fact is: A Joomla template alone never includes any content

But: I also provide a quick start package for the "MinimalSquare" template.
A quick start package is a Joomla installation pack + the template + the demo websites content.
Install it like a normal Joomla version (including the default english sample content) and you will get an exact copy of the templates demo site. With all content items, images etc.

You find the quick start packages here(you must be logged in to see this section!):
www.pixelsparadise.com/index.php/downloa...-quickstart-packages

6 years 5 months ago #785 by csabagruber
Replied by csabagruber on topic Template is empty. Why?
Thank you very much for your help. Now I understand how the Joomla works. I have downloaded the sample data file you suggested me to use. Please recommend me how to apply it. What are the steps of installation a file like that. Thanks again. Csaba

6 years 5 months ago #786 by Adminv
Hi!
Hm, if you are not familiar with Joomla you should read this beginners guide first:
docs.joomla.org/Getting_Started_with_Joomla !

A good starting point to learn more about Joomla is the official website here:
www.joomla.org

The minimum requirements to install the latest Joomla 3.1.1 version on your webspace/server are:
- PHP 5.3 support
- One MySQL 5.1 database
- 50MB+ free webspace

A godd installation tutorial can be found here:
docs.joomla.org/J3.1:Installing_Joomla !

6 years 5 months ago #787 by csabagruber
Replied by csabagruber on topic Template is empty. Why?
Hi Holger,
Thank you again for your help. I have installed Joomla using your quickstart package. My problem is the following. If I choose in the Template Manager the Beez3 as a default, than I have content like this

Than I change the default to MinimalSquare as you can see here

in this case the Menus and layouts, logins desappear as you can see here

Which part of the software should I adjust to be able to see the same Hompage and content, than I can see above.
Thanks, Csaba

File Attachment:

File Name: Hi_Holger.doc
File Size:569 KB
Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago #788 by Adminv
Hi!
Basically every template has its own modulepositions with its own names. If you publish a module on position "sample" (<-just a sample name) which is provided by template A but not by template B and you switch to template B you will not see the content anymore.

To see them again publish the module(s) on a position which is provided by the used template.
The MinimalSquare template file comes with a readme doc (not in the quickstart pack but if you donwload the template file only: www.pixelsparadise.com/index.php/downloa...nimalsquare/download ) which includes a overview graphic for all modulepositions

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds