PLAYMOBILE: jquery problem with yootheme zoo

6 years 9 months ago #669 by brando333
Hi, I saw some threads on this jquery issue - was wondering if you have found a solution yet to get ZOO and PIXELSPARADISE working together.

In my case, I am running into the same problem with triggering the voting feature on my zoo directory. If you click a voting star, nothing happens.

If I remove jquery from your playmobile template, then the flexslider does not work...but the voting then works.

I can only get one or the other working. Any ideas to get both to work?

*check your contact email for specific links. Emailed on 03March.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #673 by Adminv
Hi!

Sorry for my late reply.

Basically the problem based on the fact that the Widgetkit extension and the templates build in slider loads its own JQuery version.
I contact them (they are also from germany and operate from an office just 30km away from mine...what a small world) and we found a solution together.

I update my template so that it checks if JQuery is already loaded (the widgetkit sets the "JQuery" variable to "true" if active). If yes it does nothing and don´t load its own version anymore.

That *should* work. It depends a bit on your widgetkit version and which JQuery version it uses and if you use other 3rd party extensions.

Please donwload the latest template version, extract it to your local HDD and upload the new "index.php" file via FTP to this folder in your Joomla root directory:
/templates/playmobile/

and overwrite the old one with it.
So you don´t have to reinstall the whole template.
Backup the old file in case you edit/change it already!

If that fix don´t work for you:

Feel free to send me your URL and a super admin account to:
webmaster@pixelsparadise.com
and I can try a individual solution.

6 years 9 months ago #676 by brando333
Replied by brando333 on topic PLAYMOBILE: jquery problem with yootheme zoo
No worries, and thank you for the response! Unfortunately, with the new index.php file - the homepage flexslider is not displayed at all now.

I will email you the details now. Thanks in advance.

6 years 9 months ago #678 by Adminv
Hi!
Hm, checked your site.
The template did not load its own JQuery version anymore, the slider works and I can vote (for example on the directory page).

Maybe your Joomla cache was on (so that the changes take effect later) your you don´t clear your browsers cache(?)

6 years 9 months ago #679 by brando333
Please check it now. I had probably already removed your new index.php file when you checked last night.....I put your new index.php back on and will leave it for the evening.

I have cleared browser cache and joomla cache. As you can see....when i use your new index.php file, it kills the flexslider. Tested in chrome, firefox, opera...

Any fix? I must have both of these functioning simultaneously. Please let me know your thoughts.

6 years 9 months ago #680 by brando333
Holger fixed it!

Seems there was another incompatibility issue. Another extension also loads the mootools js library…

- Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds