JaneDoe issues

6 years 9 months ago #670 by Adminv
Replied by Adminv on topic JaneDoe issues
Was able to fix the scrollbar problem (without disabling the scrollbar via overflow:hidden at certain screen sizes...). It was a problem with a different calculation methodes of relative paddings in relative sized containers in another relative sized container...or with other words in this case 100% in a webkit based browser is not 100% in a Mozilla based browser...

But I still can´t reproduce the "auto:width" problem.
Test it on a iPhone4, iPad (mini) and a Mac with different screen resolutions and even with Chrome for iOs...no luck.

But I removed or replaced all "width:auto" css settings and follow the workaround to avoid problems with this bug so I hope that this is gone too.

I will release a new (hopefully last...) new version tomorrow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #671 by atri
Replied by atri on topic JaneDoe issues
Very exciting news! I look forward to trying it out! :)

6 years 9 months ago #672 by Adminv
Replied by Adminv on topic JaneDoe issues
Puh, the new version 1.1.2 is out.

Yesterday I was able to reproduce the bug...
Ok, "reproduce" is the wrong term, after reloading the same page again and again it appears suddenly and the main content area was pushed to the left (like on your screenshot).

Really spooky:
I spend some time on this page to checking the problem (taking a screenshot, messure the size etc.). After 60seconds or so...click...the width was normal again...without an action from my side...

After it I was able to "reproduce" it two or three times again.

So I was able to observe it a bit. I set the width of all sourrounding containers to "width:100%" instead of "width:auto" or just nothing.

It *seems* that this solved that problem....spend the half day on the demo site reloading and reloading it without seeing the problem again.

And (which also solved the scrollbar problem) I add this CSS values to the sourrounding container(s):
-webkit-box-sizing: border-box; /* Safari/Chrome, other WebKit */
-moz-box-sizing: border-box;    /* Firefox, other Gecko */
box-sizing: border-box;         /* Opera/IE 8+ */

That streamlines the calculation methode of all browsers so that a relative sized element with a relative border/padding in another relative sized element has the same total width on a certain screen size.

The result was that the scrollbar problem also appears in FF at the same point. Than it was easy to solve it by adjusting the containers width a bit.

The first problem was really hard to reproduce (...and a bit spooky) and it seems there was some kind of connection between ´em. But I really hope that both problems are finally solved with this update 1.1.2...

6 years 9 months ago #674 by wbaccus
Replied by wbaccus on topic JaneDoe issues
Thanks for the update, I will give it a try today.

6 years 8 months ago #681 by atri
Replied by atri on topic JaneDoe issues
Excellent update! I think I installed 1.1.3 yesterday (rather than 1.1.2), but everything seems to be in working order now, with all major bugs taken care of.

It's a very original and nice looking blog template, congratulations, great work.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds