Arche Type 1.0.2 is not ready for mobile devices

5 years 6 months ago #884 by earlyworm
Hello,

I have updated two websites with the Arche type template 1.0.2. One site was made with a complete new install template with version 1.0.2.

But know on both sites the "responsive" menu does not work after the update. It doesn't shows up the menu items if you look to the sites with a smart phone. Or only downsize your browser window until the menu switch. NO menu items availiable. This works before the update.

You can see:
www.holger-knoth.de/heike
and
www.holger-knoth.de

I have reported this bug one week ago in the threat before. But there was no feedback, no comment, nothing how I can plan for the website release.

Is it possible to fix this bug? And how long do I have to wait?
Does nobody else have the some wrong behaviour? On the test demo server of the template devoloper it looks good, but not when I install on my server. Does this means that there are special things I have to do that it works?

Which version does run on the demo server? Also Arche Type 1.0.2?

Regards
The-I-test-your-templates-customer-and-pay-for-it Holger

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #885 by Adminv
Hi!
Sorry for the delay.
For your patience and helpful support I will double your membership time without no extra costs.
A new ArcheType version will be relased today.

5 years 6 months ago #886 by Adminv
oookay...the new version is online. It is still called 1.0.2 (because it still deals with the same problem).

The bug/problem was a bit strange:
The template uses the Bootstrap 3 CSS framework while Joomla 3 uses still the old Bootstrap 2 framework for its backend. Normally no problem. But it seems Joomla also loads the Bootstrap JS file (from version 2) on the frontend as soon as the tooltip function in initated.

So J! loads the Bootstrap 2 JS file on the contact page while the template loads the Bootstrap 3 JS file on the same page...which caused a conflict and leads to the tooltip display problems.

But, here comes the strange part, the Bootstraps dropdown function seems to be based on the tooltip script. So if I replace it with the old one the tooltip will work but the dropdown function caused trouble on the rest of the website...

5 years 6 months ago #887 by earlyworm
Replied by earlyworm on topic Arche Type 1.0.2 is not ready for mobile devices
Thanks for the fix.

Is there a "update function", so that I can install the new version in the backend without loosing my customized stuff?

If not can you please let me know what files I have to change with ftp directly on the server.

Regards
Holger

5 years 6 months ago #889 by Adminv
Hi!

The effected files are:
/index.php
/js/bootstrap.min.js

5 years 5 months ago #911 by prati
hello,
i've updated the template but i still have problems with mobile view..
not all the menu voices are displayed correctly (you can see only some of them)..
what can i do? website is prase.info
thx a lot

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds