Warning in template quickstart files

5 years 11 months ago #925 by pajarita
Warning in template quickstart files was created by pajarita
Dear Team,
I have just uploaded all the files from the quickstart package to my server to install the template Longbow, and I am seeing the error message below:

"Warning: JDocumentRendererHead::fetchHead() [jdocumentrendererhead.fetchhead]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/head.php on line 209 Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_encode() in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/head.php on line 209"

As a result, I am unable to install the template. Could you please advise how I could fix this error? Thank you for your prompt support.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #927 by Adminv
Replied by Adminv on topic Warning in template quickstart files
Hi!
Sorry for my late reply! Hope you had nice xmas hollidays!

The message indicates that there is a difference between the timezone set in Joomla and on your server.

Do you see the message right after you upload the files or after the installation process?
If you already installed the quickstart pack do you see the message also if you access the admin backend? www.yourwebsite.com/administrator ?

And if you have a php.ini file in your server root directory or in your Joomla install directory please check them if there is a date.timezone parameter in it. If so comment it out and retry it.

By default joomla sets its own timezone to +0:00 hrs at first during the installation process. If your server use a fixed timezone setting you will see this message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds