installation issues

6 years 6 months ago #765 by lockdog
installation issues was created by lockdog
I need to install 3 joomla 3.0 templates and I'm having major issues.. I have gotten goodkarma to install with no problem. With rocksolid and goodkarma on different installs I'm getting installation errors... I'm using PHP 5.3, used two different hosting sites. In some cases if I create a folder in public_html and install it will work.

On one host site I get these errors:

[26-May-2013 13:58:12 America/Denver] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: catid in /home1/aliuscom/public_html/components/com_contact/router.php on line 74
[27-May-2013 09:30:34 America/Denver] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home1/aliuscom/public_html/components/com_content/views/category/view.feed.php on line 34

on another host site I get these:

01-Jun-2013 16:06:18 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: /home2/lockdog/public_html/installation/language/th-TH/th-TH.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '&lt;' not found in /home2/lockdog/public_html/libraries/joomla/language/language.php on line 1302

Any ideas on what could be the problem, the files are there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #766 by Adminv
Replied by Adminv on topic installation issues
Hi!

Hm, do you try to install the quickstart package or just the template?
In the first case: Can you install a normal Joomla 3.0 pack (not a quickstart package, just a normal joomla install) or do you get the same error messages?

6 years 6 months ago #767 by lockdog
Replied by lockdog on topic installation issues
thanks for the reply... I figured out the problem was with my wireless internet connection and using filezilla which has not integrity check... switched to smartftp... no more error messages...

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds